House of Scorpio > How to Attend
Read each event invite carefully: they all specify requirements for attendance (PAL, approval, etc). If you see an RSVP or ticket link in the description of an upcoming event, you are invited to attend without prior approval. However, for ALL events, you must first read our PAL rules and code of conduct, which includes dress code. If you are not familiar with our rules when you arrive, you risk being turned away at the door -- even if you have tickets. Don't see a ticket link? All play events require individual approval in order to get it. Please follow the steps below for the approval process.
To get our loft address anytime, fill out the form at the bottom of this page for an auto-reply (the address is also revealed with ticket purchase). Knowing our address does not grant you approval.
All events have door sales in addition to presales, unless the event is listed as "sold out." Our location is cash only. No BYOB, please. We have coat racks and shelves for your personal items, but no staffed coat check. All ticket sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS unless we cancel an event, but we can give you credit for play events until the end of the calendar year (please email scorpio [at] houseofscorpio).
If you're a frequent guest, or would like to support the sex-positive work we do, please consider a monthly membership. For as little as $5/month, you can help HoS exist and attend our events FREE or 25-75% off.
Approval instructions and your FAQs answered
- Email us ["scorpio" at this site] with *direct links* (not just name or handle!) to yours and your PAL's *most complete* social media profiles. No scene profiles, please: we don't care about your kinks. We care about your personality, political & social views, and what you do in the world: this is a community, and not an anonymous fuckfest. Facebook is best; OKCupid is OK; FetLife or Instagram only if your profile contains the info we just named; LinkedIn will make us judge you. Please CC your PAL on your email, so we know they're on board, and use a non-generic subject line (suggested: "House of Scorpio profile approval").
- It is essential that whatever profile you send has your *real name & photos* (same name you'll be submitting as part of your online ticket purchase once you're approved). Your name and email are kept offline and not shared with anyone, but are required to be on file: we must know the real human we're dealing with, in order to see if you're a match for our group, and in case there's ever a problem. You can still go by any nickname you wish at the events themselves. We understand your privacy concerns, but it's on you to find a way to show us who you are so we can vet you.
- If your main social media profile is locked down for privacy, you can either unlock it until you get approval or send some other way to see your info (screenshot of how you see your profile, pictures of you & your PAL plus info about yourselves, etc). Remember that we have to see a match between your (and your PAL's) email/name/screen name so we can know it's you.
- You and your PAL can also get approved in person at Lip Service, as well as purchase Countdown tickets on the spot. Ask the door person for further instructions when you get there. We will still need to verify your real names. If you have any privacy concerns about submitting social media profiles, this is the best way to go.
- Please allow at least two work days for approvals (i.e. if you email on Friday, don't expect to hear back until Tuesday or Wednesday). If you email us within 24 hours of an event, you will likely not be approved in time to attend. Don't send emails asking about your status unless it's been at least four work days since you applied. Tip: don't wait for a specific party: if you have a permanent partner, get approved now, and you can attend any event in the future without the stressful last-minute approval wait.
- Please note that approval requests anywhere other than our email inbox will not be considered or replied to.
- Even if you've attended previous HoS events as someone's guest, you are not considered "approved" until you go through this process.
- Once you're approved, you will get direct ticket links in future newsletters. You can also then buy tickets at the door, if available, by showing the doorman your approval email or the event ticket link we've sent you. We will always update the event's Facebook page with the latest ticket availability. Join the group and RSVP to the events there to get these updates.
Approvals and gender balance
In the heteronormative world, it tends to be the man taking the initiative for sexual exploration. In our world, we *strongly* prefer that the female PAL of a male/female pairing reach out: that way we know for sure she's interested, and we have a prevalence of women on the approved list. Once approved for future events, *she* can make the choice of what PAL, of any gender, she's comfortable bringing with her. In everything we do, it's women, queer & trans folks to the front, and if straight men or couples have a problem with that, they can just skip our parties. In fact, if you don't understand the basic concept of feminism/gender equality and why it's painfully necessary for ALL genders, don't bother applying.